I recently received communication about my print magazine going away, what exactly does this mean?
This means your previous Print + Digital (Brand Pass) membership** has turned into an Outside+ membership. You’re now an Outside+ Member.
With Outside+, you will enjoy the following great online benefits:
- Unlimited access to digital content from Outside and 15 other brands—think recipes, meal plans, and training tips from Clean Eating, Women’s Running, and more.
- Tap into Outside Learn. Learn from the world’s best athletes, explorers, and wellness experts with premium online courses for all levels. Find more than 2,500 videos across 650 lessons for climbing, skiing, fitness, yoga, backpacking, and nutrition, with new courses every month. There’s no limit to the knowledge you’ll gain with Outside Learn.
- Spend time in nature with Gaia GPS and Trailforks, two premium mapping apps to help you explore new routes.
- Stream 600+ hours of ski and climbing action, survival challenges, travel documentaries, and more with Outside Watch (including the Warren Miller film this fall!)
What if I have already canceled my auto renewal?
If you have already canceled your auto renewal, no worries! You will still be migrated from your last subscription into Outside+. You will have the remainder of your subscription to test out O+.
If you do not wish to run out the remainder of your subscription with O+, you may cancel immediately here.
Our mission is to get you outdoors. To sharpen our focus, we’re pouring all of our knowledge and resources into the core benefits of Outside+. Quite simply, we want you to have the absolute best experience as you read, practice, map, watch, and learn.
That means 2022 is the last year we will be printing our editorial magazines. This excludes Outside magazine, Gear Guide, and Cycling Tips, which we are excited to continue printing.
While letting go comes with sadness, the same team who produced the print publication you loved will continue to provide the expert information you’ve come to trust. We look forward to bringing you more adventure and inspiration for years to come.
Why is print being discontinued?
Please see our FAQ for more information.
How do I cancel?
You can follow the steps above to cancel your auto-renewal. If you are looking to cancel today, please reach out to us here.
I received communication about my membership changing, why does my profile still say I have my previous subscription?
Your membership will still look the same for now, but you will have more benefits.
How do I access my Perks?
We are working to get your perks listed in your profile! In the meantime, you do not have to wait to begin taking advantage of your perks. You may log in to any of the sites below using your O+ credentials and have unlimited access.
Will there be any print magazines printed?
We will continue to print Outside magazine. Please contact the fulfillment house directly for any print magazine-related inquiries.
Can I purchase individual issues of past or recent print magazines?
Yes! You can find all available past issues for purchase here. Please keep in mind that our inventory is low, so once an issue sells out, we won’t print additional copies.
How do I turn off my auto renewal?
You can easily turn off your subscriptions auto renewal at any time in your subscription. You may follow the steps below to do so:
- Head to Outsideonline.com
- Click on the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Click on ‘my profile'
- On the left-hand sidebar, click ‘my membership’
- Next to ‘subscription’ you will see the option to ‘cancel auto renew’ or ‘change subscription’. Click ‘cancel auto renew’
- Confirm ‘cancel subscription’
**Please Note: This FAQ also applies to Outside+ Members with a previous Beta print subscription